Looking the Part with Professional Presentation Materials
Filling your portfolio book with photos that are wrong for your market can be worse than not having a resume at all. Even a simple headshot has numerous varieties depending on its use.
At Sourcelight, we’re in contact with real modeling and talent agencies, so we know what kind of imagery they prefer, and that helps you capture the look you need to drive your career strategically and effectively.
From headshots to comp cards to complete portfolio books, Sourcelight’s experience in both the modeling and dramatic performance industries helps you tailor your image to fit the job.
For in-depth information about a career in modeling, see our Modeling 101 series of articles.
The Head Shot: $175 A one-hour studio session plus eight 8×10 or 9×12 prints of your selected pose in black-and-white or color.
The Portfolio: $250 A two-hour studio session with your choice of poses and wardrobe changes. You get a CD with up to twelve print-ready 8×10 or 9×12 images and web-compressed versions plus a 20% discount on additional prints. Dedicated portfolio cases are also available.
The Portfolio Comp Card: $600 Everything in The Portfolio option plus an additional two-hour, urban-location session, a custom-designed, double-sided comp card, and 100 press-printed copies. For 250 copies, add $150.
The Start Right Now Modeling Starter Package: $1500 A comprehensive package of products and services designed to provide the beginner model with everything needed to either start a freelance modeling career or apply to an agency for representation. The package includes:
• A preliminary consultation about the modeling business with an emphasis on determining which types of modeling are appropriate for your body type
• A diagnostic session to determine strengths and weaknesses and identify areas for improvement, including wardrobe selection and basic make-up, hair, and styling awareness
• Three half-days (up to 10 hours) of studio and location photography designed to produce enough variety to create a complete, job-ready portfolio
• A professional portfolio case with 20 agency-ready photos
• A custom comp card design and 100 press-printed copies (250 copies are available for an additional $150)
• A custom mini-comp card (business card size) design and 250 cards
• A CD with print-ready and web-compressed versions of the photos in your portfolio book plus an additional 16 photos of your choosing