The Personal Nude $199.00*
Sourcelight Photo Workshops Training Series
“Bringing your photography into focus…”
This intensive two-day Master Class is designed to help the intermediate fine art nude photographer go beyond routine imaging and discover his/her own unique style. In this workshop you will be challenged to explore your own ideas and develop innovative conceptual approaches to express them. High-level discussion and practical demonstrations of a variety of genres and techniques plus extensive opportunities to work with experienced figure models will help you take your concepts from imitative to innovative. Limited to only 3 participants, The Personal Nude is a rare opportunity to develop your creative vision in a supportive, personalized environment with expert guidance from a professional fine-art nude photographer and teacher.
In The Personal Nude, you’ll learn:
- How to develop a concept and communicate it effectively to the model and other production team members.
- How to organize a formal nude photography session and how to improvise effectively when necessary.
- How to customize lighting, sets, and props to realize the concept. Working with other members of the class, each student will have the opportunity to function both as an assistant for other students and as the lead photographer and conceptual artist on a variety of assignments.
- How to improve your finished work with advanced Photoshop techniques.
Is The Personal Nude for you?
If you’ve had previous experience in the fine-art nude photography genre, but have become frustrated by the difficulty of developing innovative concepts and looks, Sourcelight Photo Workshops’ The Personal Nude is a great opportunity to expand your creativity and conceptual skills by working in a relaxed environment with professional models and coaching. Space is limited by design, so early registration is advised.
Details, Day One
- Check-in: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., Continental breakfast provided
- Workshop hours: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (1-hour lunch break)
- 1 hour of fine-art nude genre background presentation and discussion
- 5 hours total shooting time, developing concepts and applications with lighting, sets, and props
- 1 hour of participant image review and critique (Continental dinner provided)
- Location: Sourcelight Photography Studio, Boise, Idaho
Details, Day Two
- Continental breakfast: 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Workshop hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (half-hour lunch break, food provided)
- 5 hours total shooting time, working with participants’ original concepts
- 1 hour of participant image review and critique
- Location: Sourcelight Photography Studio
- Personal attention and professional instruction
- One professional fine-art nude model
- Various backdrops, including fabrics, furniture, and “found” props
- Lighting, including studio monolights and portable speedlights with remote RF triggering, plus reflectors and diffusers
- Model Releases
- Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera with at least a 50mm focal-length lens; moderate wide-angle and/or telephoto lenses are encouraged, but not required. If you are shooting Sony cameras, you’ll also need to have a Sony>standard hot-shoe adaptor
- Working familiarity with your camera’s basic controls, including how to alter and select focus areas and how to select and set your exposure priority mode. You should also understand your camera’s basic exposure metering system.
- Some prior experience shooting fine-art nude photography
* The workshop fee is $199 ($169.00 with advance registration–see the Registration page for more information). Either the full fee or a $100.00 deposit is required to secure your registration. The deposit will be deducted from the total cost, and the balance will be due on the day of the workshop. We accept all credit/debit cards, cash, or personal checks made out to Sourcelight Photography.
Full refunds are issued for cancellations received in writing up to 21 days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received after the cut-off date will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.