Mastering the Portrait $80.00
Sourcelight Photo Workshops Training Series
“Bringing your photography into focus…”
A practical follow-up to the technical information and skills presented in Mastering Your Camera, Mastering the Portrait is a comprehensive educational workshop for the serious amateur photographer who wants to learn how to take better family portraits. If your finished prints never seem to look like the pictures you saw through the viewfinder, Mastering the Portrait will help you transform your random snapshots into frame-able art.
In Mastering the Portrait, you’ll learn:
- How to see light more functionally and control it with simple modifiers
- How to be more deliberate in creating pleasing compositions
- How to implement and then modify traditional poses for individuals and groups
- How to create the kind of rapport with your subjects that helps them relax and reveal something memorable
- Workshop hours: 5:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. select Thursday evenings or 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. select Saturday afternoons
- 3 hours of instructional presentation and discussion
- 2 hours practical work in a studio setting
- Location: Sourcelight Studio, Boise, Idaho
- Personal attention and professional instruction geared specifically to your own equipment, interests, and skill level
- Studio lighting and backdrops for practice
- An open line for follow-up questions after the workshop is completed
- Refreshments (yay!)
- Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera with at least the kit lens and your manual; accessory lenses and a tripod are encouraged, but not required
- Working familiarity with your camera’s basic controls, including how to alter and select focus areas and how to select and set your exposure priority mode. You should also understand your camera’s basic exposure metering system.
The full workshop fee of $80 is required to secure your registration. We accept all credit/debit cards, cash, or personal checks made out to Sourcelight Photography.
Full refunds are issued for cancellations received in writing up to 7 days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received after the cut-off date are subject to forfeiture of the payment.
* Special combo pricing is available if participants want to sign up for any of the other workshops in the Mastery Series: Mastering Your Camera , Mastering Composition, Mastering Outdoor Portrait Lighting, or Mastering the Landscape. See the Mastery Series Combo page for more details.