Mastering Your DSLR $60.00
Sourcelight Photo Workshops Training Series
“Bringing your photography into focus…”
Sourcelight Photo Workshops’ Mastering Your DSLR is a relaxed and informative 4+-hour workshop for the emerging photographer who has moved from a basic point-and-shoot camera to the complexity of a digital SLR. Beginning with a clearly presented introduction to the camera, including file formats, ISO, white balance, exposure modes, metering, focus, and drive modes, the workshop also combines straight-forward instruction on how to set “The Triangle of Exposure” (aperture, shutter speed, and ISO) with easy-to-understand explanations on how the various settings and lens choices affect the look of your image. Through specific instruction using your own camera and lenses, Mastering Your DSLR will help you gain confidence in your ability to effectively use your new gear.
In Mastering Your DSLR, you’ll learn:
- How to understand the technical aspects of digital photography, including file formats, ISO, white balance, exposure modes, metering, focus, and drive modes
- How to manage the relationships among your camera’s various settings to create optimal exposure
- How and when to over-ride your camera’s automatic settings for more custom effects
Is Mastering Your DSLR for you?
If you’ve been frustrated by the notoriously unreadable manual that came with your new camera and you’re having trouble taking control of its sophisticated features… then yes, Sourcelight Photo Workshops’ Mastering Your DSLR is for you. Space is limited to provide for more personalized instruction, so early registration is advised.
- Workshop hours: 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. select Thursday evenings or 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. select Saturday afternoons
- Location: Sourcelight Studio, Boise, Idaho
- Personal attention and professional instruction geared specifically to your own equipment and skill level
- An open line for follow-up questions after the workshop is completed
- Refreshments (yay!)
- Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera with at least the kit lens and your manual; accessory lenses are encouraged, but not required
The full workshop fee of $60 is required to secure your registration. We accept all credit/debit cards, cash, or personal checks made out to Sourcelight Photography.
Full refunds are issued for cancellations received in writing up to 7 days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received after the cut-off date are subject to forfeiture of the payment.
* Special combo pricing is available if participants want to sign up for any or all of the other workshops in the Mastery Series: Mastering the Portrait, Mastering the Landscape, or Mastering Outdoor Portrait Lighting. See the Mastery Series Combo Packages page for more details.